You can borrow $55000 to finance major life events, make big purchases, start a business and/or invest. As this is a major undertaking, it is ideal to ensure you get the best rates.
How to find the right loans that suit your needs? You can easily find and compare $55000 loans from different lenders using our loan calculator. Just type in the amount you want to borrow and the payment terms you prefer. The loan calculator will provide you with estimated monthly repayment. You can also adjust the terms using the sliders and view different outcomes.
Find the best $55,000 personal loan in Canada
Looking for personal loans for $55000? BestLoansCanada is the place to find all the best lenders and compare their rates.
Loans of up to $100000 are a huge sum of money, so there may be few lenders that can offer this much. But there are traditional and institutional lenders that can loan you this amount. The catch is that requirements can be complex and rates can also be high. Be sure to compare all your options to find the best rates. Here is some of the information you should know to get the best loans worth $55000.
What are the options for a $55,000 loan?
- Investment Loans. You can access investment loans through financial institutions or banks. This is given that you will be using the money to invest in assets which can generate higher value over time, like properties. It can also be assets that might not increase in value but are needed for a business or work, like a car.
- Business Loans. Banks and credit unions can offer as much as $100000 for small businesses. However, these institutions tend to have a complex application process. They may also require more requirements.
- Home Equity Loan. You can use the equity of your home as collateral to get an unsecured loan of up to $55,000. This type of loan may involve some risks of losing your collateral but can give you access to better rates.
- Student Loans. You can get student loans that total $55000 in Canada. The amount you can borrow will depend on your degree level (undergraduate or postgraduate), course and province or territory you are at. You should look for your local student aid office to inquire first.
- Online & Alternative Loans. There are online lenders as well as alternative loans like crypto that can offer huge sums of money. This may come with minimal requirements, however, this can be subject to high-interest rates.
What you need to get a $55,000 loan
A loan for $55000 will require documents and some background checks to confirm your eligibility. The requirements may differ depending on the purpose of your loan and your lender. Some may even require you to be a homeowner. Here are the common requirements for $55000 personal loans in Canada:
- Excellent Credit Score (ideally, 760 and above)
- Proof of assets/business (for secured and business loans)
- Regular income source/s
- Valid IDs
- Proof of residence
What are the repayments on a $55000 personal loan?
Repayments for $55,000 personal loans will be based on several factors, including fees assigned by the lender. Common factors that can affect your repayments are:
- Interest rates & terms. The interest rate and loan terms can directly affect your total repayments. This will be significant, as you are applying for a huge amount of loan. Compare interest rates and negotiate the terms, so your repayments will not be too heavy to pay off. Make sure to opt for a loan term that suits your financial situation.
- Type of loan. There are different types of loans that will allow you to borrow $55000. The types can also determine the level of risks of your loan, hence can equate to larger interest and repayments. Secured and guarantor loans can help you get lower interest rates. There may be unsecured loans for large amounts, but they often have high-interest rates (up to 45% or more).
- Fees. Lenders may charge fees, like arrangement and processing payments. This can be a one-off fee or may be included in your total monthly repayment. Some may also charge early repayment fees and/or late payment charges. Check with your lender and be sure to read your loan agreement—including fine prints— before signing.
Examples of a $55,000 loan repayment
Your monthly loan repayment amount can be different for each lender. The interest rate on your personal loan is based on things like your credit score and the length of your loan. The longer the loan term, the smaller the monthly payment, but it costs more money in total. Additionally, different lenders have varying administration fees which will impact how much your personal loan costs in total.
Typical costs when you borrow $55,000 over 60 months:
- Administration or origination fee: 0% up to 5% of the loan amount
- Interest rate: From 2% to 46.96% APR
- Monthly repayments: $964.03 and $2,391.31
- Total cost on a $55,000 loan: Between $57,841.61 and $143,478.74
As you can see from the example above, the interest rate can have a significant impact on the total cost over the life of the loan.
Calculate your repayments